Roles – Projects – Initiatives
- Researcher, project/product manager; all-rounder with 15+ years of experience in industry and research.
- Expert in language technology, computational linguistics, search engines, artificial intelligence.
- 130+ publications incl. books, a book series, book chapters, journal as well as conference papers.
- Numerous connections to national and international companies, research centres and universities.
- Pragmatic personality with excellent communication skills, driven by innovation and tangible results.
- IT since 1986, online since 1992.
- Language Technology (LT), Natural Language Processing (NLP),
Computational Linguistics (CL), Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Language Technology for multilingual Europe and the multilingual
- Monolingual, crosslingual and multilingual technologies for
overcoming language borders
- Text Technology, Markup Languages, Linked Open Data,
Semantic Web, Information Modelling, Big Data
- Semantic story telling
- Web genres, hypertext types, hypertext theory
- Intelligent search engines, information extraction
- European Language Technology infrastructures, sustainability of linguistic data
- Long-term research strategies, national and international
research funding programmes
- Computer-Mediated Communication (CMC), Human-Computer
- Berlin startup scene and boosting innovation