Projects and Initiatives
- Researcher, project coordinator; all-rounder with 15+ years of experience in industry and research.
- Expert in language technology, computational linguistics, artificial intelligence.
- 160+ publications incl. books, a book series, book chapters, journal as well as conference papers.
- Numerous connections to national and international companies, research centres and universities.
- Pragmatic personality with excellent communication skills, driven by innovation and tangible results.
- IT since 1986, online since 1992.
- Language Technology (LT), Natural Language Processing (NLP),
Computational Linguistics (CL), Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Language Technology for Multilingual Europe and the Multilingual
- Curation technologies for different industries and
- Open Science technologies (research data platforms,
- Language technologies for the challenges of the digital age (for
example, fake news, online rumours etc.)
- Monolingual, crosslingual and multilingual technologies for
overcoming language borders
- Digital Humanities, Text Technology, Markup Languages, Linked Open Data,
Semantic Web, Information Modelling, Big Data
- Semantic storytelling
- Web genres, hypertext types, hypertext theory
- Intelligent search engines, information extraction
- European Language Technology infrastructures, sustainability of linguistic data
- Long-term research strategies, national and international
research funding programmes
- Computer-Mediated Communication (CMC), Human-Computer